Advertising has gone a long way through the years. This gallery shows a collection of real vintage ads that would probably banned if these were published in this generation.
1. Why would an image of a pig committing suicide be considered a good ad?
2. I don’t see anything good about wrapping babies in plastic!
3. This soap company is sending a very disturbing message about bathing.
4. Would you buy a product sold by demons?
5. Oh wait! The carrot is still alive!
6. That is a creepy cousin of Peter Pan.
7. Animal cruelty advertised
8. Before obesity became an epidemic, they had this ad.
9. The kid looks drunk already.
10. What person in the right mind would even want a metal-cold version of someone’s lip?
11. I don’t really get this ad aside from the creepy feeling I get from seeing a deathly pale person drinking some stuff.
12. All kinds of wrong here – a very chauvinist and an anti-environmental ad.
13. Another terrible one here
14. Fire Stunt? Freak Show? I don’t know.
15. Photos with a floating person and a tree in the background would make me think of something creepy.
16. No wonder grandpa said he had toothaches often.
17. In what universe do babies grow 5 o’clock shadows?
18. This is exactly how NOT to use plastic wrap unless you’re Dexter Morgan.
19. Hurry up! Give that psychotic kid a sandwich before she eats your fingers.
20. There must be something terribly wrong with this chocolate to make this boy look so scared.