1. Dad would let you drive as a kid.
2. Parents were NOT always watching over their kids all the time.
3. Sunblock was not a requirement before you go out in the sun.
5. Second hand smoke was a NORMAL part of the air.
6. Kids cook unsupervised
7. Kids played in the back of station wagons without seatbelts and car seats.
8. A lot of pregnant women smoked that a warning campaign needed to be released.
9. “Latchkey Kids” were prevalent because childcare wasn’t easily available.
10. Older siblings were always tasked to watch over the young ones; thus the helmet-less back rides are common when they have to bring their little sisters or brothers with them to play in the neighborhood.
11. They enjoyed adult-free play dates.
12. Less guardians meant more opportunities for illicit activities.
13. Dangerous toys were more accessible.
14. 80s kids are normally allowed to play with fireworks
15. The sight of a friend with a plaster cast was normal in almost every clique.
16. Safety standards were not the priority when designing playgrounds.